Awhile back, we mentioned that we had a great way to pick paint colors. You did pick up on my sarcastic tone, right? Notice all of the painted paint splotches on the wall....
After having all of those colors on the walls for a few months, we decided that it was time to paint this bathroom. (Disclaimer: technically this phase took place in March).
First, I want you to look closely at this picture. Two doorways, and a million different sections of wall to be cut in. Not pictured, THREE more doorways, two mirrors, a cabinet, etc. I knew there was no way I was convincing my other half to help on this one, and I didn't want to spend the better part of 3 years cutting in. I called my favorite painter. He came out with another helper and they knocked out the room in about half a day. Doing the math of professional painter to doesn't-tape-anymore-but-still-not-a-professional-painter time, I saved myself about a week. Seriously--sometimes it pays to pay someone. Plus, I was able to share my wisdom of paint choice. Joe didn't believe me that most of the rooms I have painted have covered in one coat due to buying the better quality paint. So this time I bought the paint in the color we picked and...
It covered in one coat. Joe was amazed and stated he would be sharing my discovery with other clients. Yes, we are still using the Behr paint with the primer built in. Yes, we still love it.
We still had a problem though. The window seemed...naked.
So after buying and returning a couple of woven shades, we added this:
There. That nook is done. We also did a couple of other things, but I'm waiting to finish one more project before posting those pictures. Enjoy the suspense! Should only be another month or two.
Now, for those of you that have read all the way to the end of this post, here's a sneak peak of the other stuff we've been working on:
Special thanks to my other half for moving each item in this photo approximately 8 times prior to the current locations.
No comments:
Post a Comment