Sunday, October 27, 2013

Where is Baby L going to sleep?

For the short term, in our room in a more accessible kiddo containment device. (The master bedroom is on one end of the house on the ground level. Baby's room is on the 2nd level on the other side of the house.)

Then, after, baby starts sleeping for more than what will surely feel like 10 minutes at a time, Baby L will sleep in the kiddo room I've been working on.

A little background:  I have had my eye on baby bedding for awhile to know what was out there. The other half and I know too much about nature, but we knew we wanted an animal theme. Specifically, a woodland stream theme. I also didn't want a bumper, and I'm not a fan of super matchy matchy bedding for kid rooms. One of the sets described as "woodland" even included a giraffe. This just wouldn't fly for me or my Eagle Scout hubby.

The mission to create a room from scratch had launched.

We came up with some "art" from AllPosters.com (I think.) This photo demonstrates that a couple of frames need to be straightened. Feel free to disregard--I'll get out the level tomorrow. This is also the only photo that sort of shows the ceiling fan--see the light reflecting in the top center frame?


I like the raccoon. Here's a close up of the top center item. I created it with some items I had around the house. I thought it added some fun texture.


Here's a look the other direction. My brother insisted we include an otter.  Here he is:


The blanket won't stay on the side of the crib like that so Baby L can breathe.  Also, one of our Halo sleep sacks is already in the crib. A friend of ours will hopefully be proud. Also pictured here are the crib skirt and blanket I made. The crib skirt has tiny blue dots all over it. Here's the blanket...


Here's another view of the room:


We found the dresser on Craigslist and updated the finish to make it darker to fit with the crib better. The green on the closet is a baby sling a good friend of mine made. It's drying at the moment.

Here's the mobile above the dresser. I've been collecting little creatures over the last several months to turn into a mobile.


Due to the odd angle, I'll fill you in.  There's a songbird, two hedgehogs, an owl, and a squirrel.

We are planning on adding Baby L's name over the crib--once we find out who he or she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment