Monday, February 11, 2013

Hey, cool! Look at this!

Sometimes I forget how far we've come with our "just needs a few cosmetic things but structurally sound" house.  Amazingly, this list has grown and gotten smaller several times over the past couple of years as we've discovered new things that need to be done and then finishing those things. Ok, not amazingly.  I'm coming to expect these changes to the list now.  Cross off one thing, add 4 more!

I have a master list with a to-do/done list for each room.  Hey! I'm not THAT type-A.  Sometimes when people ask what all we've done, it's fun to remember how much we've done.

In looking for my "master" list--I don't remember where I saved it last time--I came across this.  I've crossed off everything we've done.  For reference, I did this within a few months of moving in. (That was December 2010, for those keeping track.)


HOUSE LIST
Master bathroom fan
Master bathroom toilet kit
Bottom seal of 3 exterior doors
front door handle
spackle wall dings
touchup paint wall dings
patio door trim
patio door-repaint
front door-repaint
garage door-repaint
hang Ansels
hang 1/2 bath art
rearrange living room ledge
purchase and hang new window treatments-living and kitchen
rescreen master bedroom windows
purchase and spread shale ground cover
reseed lawn
purchase and plant 2 trees-backyard
plant pots for patio
reseal kitchen counter
recaulk kitchen counter
recaulk bathrooms
trim in guest bath

A note.  At least one thing on this list were completed by a certain mother-in-law here to see us for a weekend.  A couple of other things were completed with guidance from good 'ole Dad supervising--again while visiting.  Thanks for the help you two!  

A couple of other notes:  we didn't have to reseal the kitchen counter.  I spilled vinegar and the haziness was due to hard water residue...  That's certainly within our budget!  As for the guest bathroom--a larger than usual project is planned for that room, which is the only reason that trim isn't filled/painted/replaced as needed.  The trees for the backyard?  They will need to be larger than little 3-foot tall trees...Kona is a mulcher, of sorts....

Off to update the real list.  Anyone want to see it?  I'm still thinking that someday someone might actually comment on this blog on what we're doing.  Will 2013 be the year of the first comment?





1 comment:

  1. Okay i just found your blog and have read the past ten posts when i should be sleeping because the kids keep me sleep deprived but they we so funny i had to keep reading. I miss having the laughs at work everyday.by the way did you text me recently? I recently left my phone on top of the car and drove away so i lost all my contact numbers and could only tell the number was from Kansas. W need to get together soon i need to see all your blue. Yay for no beige! Monica

    ReplyDelete