We've been plotting this project for awhile. After saving up to pay cash, finally making a decision, and placing our order for carpet we had a few things to do.
Rip out the old stuff.
Remove staples.
Take the old stuff to the dump.
Sweep/vacuum.
Seal the floors with oil-based Kilz.
Remember the cat damage we've talked about? During the months of September and October I patched, filled, sanded, and painted the trim and baseboards upstairs (and a lot of the downstairs baseboards and trim too.) This is a lot less fun than it sounds, but it makes a quick difference and adds a crispness to everything to have a fresh coat of paint on everything. We also painted the rest of the walls upstairs--the 2 halls and 3 rooms. The bathroom will wait as we are planning a bigger project.
Since all of this was done, we knew the carpet was next. I've got a sensitive sniffer, and I am allergic to cats. When we toured our house for the first time I knew we'd have a lot to do, and flooring was on the list. Well, it's been about 2 years since we moved in, and the carpet is scheduled for install on the 26th and 27th!!!!!
We started ripping it out on Saturday.
We started with the biggest room that we knew was the worst. Notice the mask. (I had one on too.)
We also didn't want to carry it all through the house....soooo......
We didn't.
I needed to rescreen that screen anyway. Why not pop it out?
More than a few people that have been to our house have asked if our carpet was really all that bad. Here's evidence.
Yep. Just a little damage here and there.
Here's the actual floor....
Can you see why we hadn't done anything upstairs until we do the flooring?
More updates to come. We're sealing the floors!
No comments:
Post a Comment