Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A request has been made...

...for more photos of the inside of the house.  We're going to try and take some more photos of the things we have done to the house over the next few weeks.  It's just that currently all of our belongings on the 2nd level are all in one room so we can paint the other 3 rooms' walls and trim prior to ripping out carpet and sealing the subfloors in preparation for new carpet.  Also, everything in the living room is crammed in the middle of the room because our painter is coming to finish painting that room, and we're painting the baseboards prior to his arrival.  And if that isn't enough, we're also working on painting our master bathroom.  Whew!  Of course, if your're going to paint all of the trim in the living room, you better do the rest of the main areas too--dining area, den, entry way, and downstairs hallway.  So that's nearing completion too...

Until then, I've been working on a list of tasks we have accomplished and tasks yet undone--I'll be posting that soon so we can update where we're at as we go.  It's a doozy, but it's what we use to keep track of how far we've come in less than 2 years in this house.

I wish I had a few more before pictures of the backyard before we turned it a different color--GREEN--and before we trimmed all the overgrown bushes waaaaay back (Thanks for the help Nathan!)--and did some intensive weeding--(Thanks Carol and Kirby!)  But alas, we don't have those, so now we just plod along and take before pictures when we remember.  

Here's a fun picture of our new patio furniture we purchased this summer. 


We also wood filled the exterior doors' trim (there are 2 leading to the patio--the other comes off the master which is to the left in this picture) and painted the lower level exterior trim out back this year.  The fun planters are a find from Big Lots--there are a total of 3 of the big ones.  The little one on the table is from a local craft store that it too close to be good for the bank account.  Ignore the huge plant in the plastic pot.  That's holding a couple of jalapeno plants we're keeping out of the dogs' reach.  Eventually I'd like to do an outdoor rug to tie it all together.  Ooooh!  I also already have twinkle lights to string up along the overhang on the patio too.  I'm sure that will add to the ambiance.  This area overlooks the new plants under the tree that we planted this weekend, so it even has a view!  

Until next time...   

No comments:

Post a Comment