As I was deciding to create a blog, I knew I was going to need a name for it. One of the names I considered was "Better than Beige."
Earlier this week I removed light switch and socket covers and did some spackling in our downstairs hallway. The previous occupants of this house were renters and really liked hanging pictures and leaving greasy marks all over the walls. A fresh coat of paint was in order and much overdue.
Now, our house has a very open floor plan on the main level. When you paint one wall, it could be very easy just to keep going and not be sure where to stop. Therefore, the main level is still mostly beige--except for the laundry room, which has a pocket door. Doors like this serve as handy stop signs for any painting binges. I'm waiting for inspiration to strike for the other walls.
Tonight, however, I did the unthinkable.
Here is the hallway before....(ignore the terrible lighting, just notice the beige! And no, I have no idea why there is a box around this picture.)
Yes, I am quite aware that you can't really tell anything from these photos--except that we have a hallway in our house, and it is difficult to take many pictures of the house without having at least one dog in it. (I'm crossing my fingers that the wall she is leaning on was dry enough to not have hair sticking out of my fresh paint.) Stay tuned for the changes I have in store for this lackluster beige hallway. (Hint: it involves spray paint.)
No comments:
Post a Comment