Monday, July 16, 2012

Drip No More!

Awhile back we noticed that our kitchen faucet, while functional, was a bit leaky.  It turns out that they are not the cheapest plumbing fixture to replace either!  The hubby figures that since you really only need one in your house, you get the "opportunity" to pay for it.  I did some searching though, and found a faucet we I liked that happened to be about $100 cheaper online than in the stores closest to us.  I searched ebay, overstock.com, and other sites, but ended up back at good 'ole Amazon.com.  Bonus!  We had a couple of gift cards from Christmas, so it ended up being even cheaper for us!  I suppose this project could be deemed Christmas in July...or not.

One thing I want to do with this blog is use it to help us remember to take before and after pictures so we can see how we have made this house our home.  I'm really good at remembering to take the after pictures, but they have so much more substance when you can see the before too.

I get a gold star for remembering to take pictures this time, even though I just used my phone to take them. (I'm still convincing myself that we I need the digital SLR...) Notice the wardrobe change as this project takes place.

Here is the leaky faucet before....Everything I read online said it took longer to remove the old leaky Moen faucet than to replace the new Delta one.  This was the case for us the hubby.   

Here's a fun picture of the hubby uninstalling the old faucet...note the polo shirt--this is important. 


I had removed some of the drainage pipes from the garbage disposal to make the old faucet easier to access.  Unfortunately, there was a bit of water left over in one of the pipes that the hubby found to be a little too refreshing as it went down his sleeve.  Hence the wardrobe change and re-connection of the pipes.   


Here's the pretty new faucet all installed.  Yes, we had another light on by now which makes it look that much shinier.  I love that you can see my twinkle lights on the shelf on the wall behind it.  It's all in the details. 


There are two cool things about this project, other than the faucet. (Yes, since purchasing a home, faucets are cool now.)

1.  In the photo above (depicting the wardrobe change) you can see a panel that is the front of the sink.  We always thought this was just for looks.  Surprise!  It actually pulls down with two little bins for scrub brushes and small things that should be stored near a sink.  How neat!
2.  This project technically required ZERO trips to the hardware store since our friendly UPS driver delivered it for us, and we already had the tools we needed.  Yes, the UPS driver knows us by name.  No, I'm not sure if that is good or not. Maybe I can get the hubby to write a little post about how that particular driver came to know us.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment