...First...to our parents and siblings and extended family who usually mention reading this blog, no not THAT happy accident. This one is in fact house project oriented.
I found two lamps for cheap at Ross or TJ Maxx Homegoods awhile back. Actually, I found one at HomeGoods, needed another, and found the other at Ross now that I think about it. (There's one for each side of the bed.)
Last weekend, I added a little decorative vinyl cling action above our headboard.
I stepped back and realized...
The scroll-y decoration was quite similar to the lamps, and now it all looks like I did it on purpose. I didn't. It's a happy accident, as the bloggers at YoungHouseLove.com would call it. (Just don't go to their site and contrast it to this blog, as I do this as a hobby, and they blog for a job.)
The quilt on the bed doesn't match anything, but it has sentimental value to me and my toes have been cold lately.
Then I went upstairs and repainted a room. I loved the Teal Zeal by Behr...by day. However, when night fell, the room looked a little dark and lagoon-y. (I need to stop adding "y" to all of these words that aren't really adjectives!) This just wasn't as light and airy as the room needed to be for me.
So, Teal Zeal out, Lotus Leaf by Behr in. Now, a plug for Behr's ultimate paint with the primer built in. Teal Zeal is not a color that expects to be reckoned with, and I was prepared to do 2 coats. Happily, I finished in ONE! Woot! Definitely worth the extra couple of bucks for the nicer paint.
Ahh....so much better! Don't mind the pile 'o stuff. I went around the house to find things I already had on hand to make the room start coming together. Still to go: curtain rod, curtains, paint the yucky ledge in the background, add a table (it's in the garage waiting for paint).
The chair pulled it all together for me. It was on sale with free shipping at Target.com, and I had an additional coupon. Gotta love a deal!
Funny thing though. Know that other blog I mentioned above? They just mentioned an update to their kitchen, and I just realized that the shade they made for their window appears to be the same fabric as my chair. I knew I liked the pattern! (Another happy accident?)
Now back to painting that $5 table I found advertised on Craigslist. It just needed a little love....
No comments:
Post a Comment